Tuesday, August 17, 2004

high school american history

I seem to remember taking it when I was in H.S. and I thought I did fairly well.

I just had the chance to review a course outline/final exam topics/ etc packet that a friend of mine had because she is teaching the class. She explained that her students would not even understand most of the words she would be using let alone even begin to grasp the concepts because they were basically the "dumb" kids. This would basically be her first full time teaching job - though she does have experience teaching "dumb" kids before.

As I read over the topics - I debated how these kids could possibly be expected to answer these questions (and also how they even related to american history).

I decided they are all doomed to failure...

No comments: